The Wireless Internet
Internet Explorer
Microsoft .NET
The Server
Technical Support

Sponsored Links

User Groups : Forums : SiteExperts : Internet Explorer :

Previous DiscussionNext Discussion
 Internet Explorer will not load any sites.

OK, This problem has been going on for quite a while. In short, when I open Internet Explorer, the browser opens, it tries to load the homepage (or any page for that matter) and never does. There is nothing in the status bar, and the windows logo on the top right keeps animating as though it's trying to load the page. It will keep doing this until i press Stop, where it tells me "Action Canceled." By the way, all other browsers like Firefox and Opera work without a problem. I need IE because some programs like Winamp use the IE connection, and thus do not work if IE does not work.

I have done everything I could, and nothing helped. I have deleted temporary files, I have reset the web settings. I have checked for spyware, adware, or viruses. I have tried installing internet explorer 7 which did not fix anything, so I went back to 6. I have even tried reinstalling 6 and bypassing the version check (or else it wouldnt even install since it finds a "newer version" of Internet Explorer already installed). I have tried registering the 6 or so dll files as described in one of the microsoft pages. Also, when I double click on the ie6setup.exe file, I first get the error message "A previous installation has pending work requiring a reboot. You need to restart your computer to complete that installation before running Internet
Explorer Setup. Setup will now close." So apparently, IE did not finish installing at one point or another, and now is stuck in this state. Yes, I have edited the registry about a billion times, and nothing. I've called Microsoft support, and they have led me to nowhere. I do not remember how this happened, but I literally tried EVERYTHING. Yes, I have also done sfc /scannow and that did not find a thing. I used Registry Mechanic to try to repair the registry, that did not change anything at all. I have downloaded WinSockFix, which did nothing. I have downloaded the IEFix and LSPFix, which did nothing either. At one point, I thought that one of the windows updates might have killed my IE. I uninstalled all the updated that have been installed recently, and by recently I mean about 3-4 months, and nothing. As you can tell, I am very frustrated.

So PLEASE, if anybody has something ELSE besides the fixes above (because that's about all I could find online) I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Konstantin

Started By dimension89 on Oct 2, 2006 at 1:46:53 PM

25 Response(s) | Reply

Earlier Replies | Replies 19 to 25 of 25 | Later Replies
Goto Page: 4 3 2 1
mantle07 on Nov 3, 2006 at 5:19:29 AM (# 19)

Prashant,

Glad to know your up and running. My system has remained stable. Haven't had to make an attempt to reinstall XP and won't try IE7 or Mozilla Firefox now that's it's running good.

By the way, since I used Bestbuy, I vowed never to do so again. For the money, I just assume reinstall but haven't had to resort to that yet. I've spent many hours over the past year learning hands on how to clean things up. It's a pain...think I went into the wrong working field.

jackiet387 on Nov 13, 2006 at 4:35:16 PM (# 20)

I am having the same problem where IE does not load. It just sits there with the page looking like it's loading but it doesn't doing anything - and no status bar loads. I thought my IE 6.0 was corrupted so I upgraded to 7. Still no luck. Internet works perfectly fine with Firefox and Opera. Ran SpyBot and AdAware and nothing comes up. Was wondering if anyone has a solution, because unfortunately some sites do not work properly wit Firefox or Opera.

Thanks

mantle07 on Nov 14, 2006 at 9:26:57 AM (# 21)

jackiet387,

have you tried running  spybot, adaware, spysweeper in safe mode? F8 upon restart, access with networking  

ibssguy on Jul 15, 2008 at 1:43:42 PM (# 22)
This message has been edited.

Thanks Mantle07!
-----------------------------------
Select Tools in IE menu bar, internet options,[CONNECTIONS] then LAN settings, uncheck any boxes indicating a proxy setting choice.
------------------------------------

This worked! I had to uncheck the box that said "Use Automatic Configuration Script". Speedbit Video Accelerator had installed one called proxy.pac and it was causing the problem. When I unchecked it, Speedbit Video Accelerator was immediately disabled and asked to run a communications test...instead I ran an "uninstall this sorry software" test. IE works perfectly now.

Also, several of my automatic updates were not working (Adobe flash, Avast, etc.) I'm hoping this will fix their problem also.

One note, my LAN settings are in the connections tab of IE7 Options.

ibmsays on Sep 12, 2008 at 7:01:22 PM (# 23)

some sites did not open

bobh621 on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:19:24 PM (# 24)

Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (No Add-0ns)>Enter. This may give you a IE blank page and it it does click on the Home Page icon. If this gets you to the IE page, on the pull down menu go to Manage Add-ons and disable one at a time until IE loads Ok.

bobh621 on Aug 30, 2012 at 1:20:51 PM (# 25)

Go Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer (No Add-0ns)>Enter. This may give you a IE blank page and it it does click on the Home Page icon. If this gets you to the IE page, on the pull down menu go to Manage Add-ons and disable one at a time until IE loads Ok.

Earlier Replies | Replies 19 to 25 of 25 | Later Replies
Goto Page: 4 3 2 1

To respond to a discussion, you must first logon.

If you are not registered, please register yourself to become a member of the SiteExperts.community.

User Name
Password
Copyright 1997-2004 InsideDHTML.com, LLC. All rights reserved.